[PlanetCCRMA] RME digi9636 control problem

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Jun 2 16:50:03 2005

On 6/2/05, Frank smith <hg@web-links.net> wrote:
> Hi Mark and Fernando
> The thing is it actually works (just don't mess with settings up to 96K
> to see what happens!,  jack complains and quits!)
>
> I'll be doing some testing re sounds very soon in Ardour and cakewalk on
> win XP to see if I can hear a difference in recording at 48k 24bit.
>
> I'm convinced in the few tests I have done that the Linux subsystem
> records better, but maybe that is wishful thinking, time and 2 wav files
> on a server will tell!!

Using the same converters for the tests I hope...

Ardour records far better for me on a 1.6GHz Athlon than Pro Tools
ever did on a 3GHz P4. If you know anyone who wants to buy an 002 Rack
send them here in the next 17 hours. ;-)
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41784&item=7326264736&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

- Mark