[PlanetCCRMA] SuperCollider realtime priority

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo@ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 6 14:49:01 2005

Hi,

When I run SuperCollider I see the following messages:

Emacs: Initializing lisp interface.
Couldn't set realtime scheduling priority 1: Operation not permitted
Class tree inited in 0.57 seconds
Couldn't set realtime scheduling priority 1: Operation not permitted
Emacs: Built symbol table in 0.147136926651 seconds

I'm concerned about the scheduling priority one, which I also get when
creating a TempoClock.  Presumably I want sclang to have realtime
priority -- is there anything I can do to acheive this?  I did have an
old version of SuperCollider installed from source before the Planet
one, if this is an unusual message then perhaps it's something to do
with that?

Nathaniel