[PlanetCCRMA] Problems starting JACK

Michael T D Nelson m_nels@gmx.net
Fri Jun 17 10:27:03 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 6/17/05, Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@gmx.net> wrote:
>

>>Well, this bit also looks bad:
>>
>>'cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)
>>jackd: wait for startup process exit failed'
>>
>>Does this tell anyone what my problem is?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Michael Nelson
>>

>Check to see if you have any Jack temp FIFOs left laying about. If so
>delete them. I've had this happen once or twice.

I'll see what I can find... I assume that's FIFO as in 'first in first
out' buffers?

I'm not really sure exactly what I'm looking for, but these files look
as they could be JACK FIFO buffers:
/usr/lib/jack/tmp/jack-500/default/jack-ack-fifo-3930-0
/usr/lib/jack/tmp/jack-500/default/jack-ack-fifo-3930-1

Am I on the right lines?

Thanks for the help

Michael Nelson