[PlanetCCRMA] "delay exceeds estimated spare time" problem

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Jun 17 15:38:01 2005

On 6/17/05, Jacob Last <jacoblast@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I am running FC3 with PlanetCCRMA on my new ThinkPad T41p. I am using
> kernel version 2.6.10-2.1.ll currently, though I've tried the 2.6.11
> 0.3-rdt kernel also with the same problems.
> I'm using the internal intel8x0 sound, though I've tried it with my
> external Edirol UA5 also.
>
> I am getting storms of these messages:
>
> delay of 2122.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of 1972.000; restart ...
>
> They don't cause any glitches in the audio stream, but they are
> usually accompanied by xruns (which do cause glitches), even at jack
> settings of 4x1024.

Hi,
   If you go research this nthe Jack-Devel list there was a thread I
started on this issue maybe 6-9 months ago. I don't remember the
eventual decisions about how important this was. In my case the
problems cleared up with a kernel change, but maybe they've returned
and I haven't noticed. Ugh...

Take care,
Mark