[PlanetCCRMA] Re: rdt SMP Kernel with XFS

Andrew Burgess aab@cichlid.com
Fri Jun 17 19:27:01 2005

>Just a quick question, I can get the rdt kernel to boot in uniprocessor,
>but as soon as I try the SMP version, it bombs out complaining of
>missing symbols from the xfs module. I ahevn't looked deeply in to this
>at the moment, but was just wondering if this is a known problem and if
>there may be a known workaround?

This used to happen to me too off and on. There was a thread on the kernel
mailing list about it. I _think_ it was decided that it was some
sort of race in SMP kernels.

BTW I've given up on smp kernels for my HT machine, they only stay
up a day or two. Now running 2.6.11-0.15.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma and its been
up for a two week stretch :-) I do have tons of USB stuff (3 usb soundcards,
3 ethernet adapters and a bunch of serial adapters) which I've had
kernel problems with in the past. FWIW