[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with a quite complicated audio system

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Jun 19 11:39:01 2005

Michele,
   If I understood the setup correctly (and it sounds like a fun
setup!) then possibly there is an oversight. Where is the clock for
the modified SACD player coming from?

   It sounds as if you have 3 spdif OUTPUTs from the SACD player
giving you 6 audio channels. However I don't see a spdif input so I do
not understand how the player is getting sync'ed to your ADI-8 Pro.

   I would think that in this case, if you want to play a CD from this
unit and have the sound be correct you need to tell the HDSP 9652 to
sync to the Zsys and you need to tell the Zsys to sync to the SACD
player. The SACD player will be the master and everything should be in
sync.

   I am a bit unclear what the "RME HDSP 2496" is. What card is this?
I don't recognize it. Is it setup to sync to the SACD player?

   Anyway, probably I've misunderstood the system. It does sound
somewhat complex. Probably it would be better if everything was driven
by word clock inputs, but again, without a word clock input on the
SACD player it would be out of sync with everything else.

Hope this helps,
Mark