[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1304 - 12 msgs

Mirco SCaramucci mircobeaker@gawab.com
Mon Jun 20 09:41:01 2005

Hello everybody.
This might sounds quite stupid but as a newbie and a sound techincian
wanna be (be hopefully starting soon a course on sound technician)
I am desperately trying to work on predownlaoded MIDI files on which I
would like ot work changing instruments, tempo, key and so on.
I have been doing the job up till now using timidity -iA ()started at
the command line) and Rosegarden.
Unfortunately I noticed that 50% of the times while processing certain
changes the sound on Rosegarden gets stuck or crackling, while after
changing the wholw song's key with transpose aeems to be effecting the
way all the drums patch sets sound.
Is there any workaround way of doing this?
Furthermore I haven't managed to be able to start Timidity and jack at
the same time in order to be able to use timidity sound fonts in
Rosegarden or any other midi/sound sequencers.
Any possible solution for this?

Thank you very  much

Mirco