FW: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Problems starting JACK

Michael T D Nelson m_nels@gmx.net
Tue Jun 21 03:59:00 2005

Mike Jewell wrote:

> Those *fifo* files you found are on my system as well.
> I deleted them and it didn't help.
> Rebooting fixed it so qjackctl will start up JACK ok.
> Sure is a pain when it happens.  Rebooting to fix application problems
> is "so Windows".     8^)

[above quotation snipped in places]

Thinking about this some more...

Now, I would imagine that these files are deleted when jack is stopped.

Once (maybe twice) someone else who lives here accidentally pulled the
power to my machine. (I think it's time to get a UPS. If only I were
wealthy...) I'm guessing it's possible that these files were not removed
when jack was rudely interrupted, and that this caused the problem.
Could that be the case?

Thanks
Michael