[PlanetCCRMA] are FC4 beta testers wanted?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 02:44:01 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:36:40 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 02:32, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > I'd be interested in participating if there was any demand for people
> > do help fix build issues, and beta-test CCRMA packages on FC4.
>
> Hmmm, one build failure early on :-(
> alsa-tools, see:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/build/alsa-tools-1.0.9-1.rhfc4.ccrma
> Should be a simple gcc4 thing, I expect...

Probably, its started caring about some odd things, like (un)signedness of
the datatype at the far end of a pointer, in the case of char *'s its
harmless 99% of the time.

Its also more strict about how you can refer to statics, the fix is
usually to add/remove the static keyword.

> I'm also working on kernels, currently Ingo's latest patches on top of
> 2.6.12-final make for a hung test laptop if I enable threading on irq9,
> but my laptop is a pathological case, almost everything is hanging from
> irq9...

Unfortunatly thats a common pathalogical case :(

- Steve