[PlanetCCRMA] PX-6600 AMD64 loves the edge

bitwLister lister@bitwisetech.com
Wed Jun 22 11:07:01 2005

Hello,
   I've been dogged by poor grahics perfomance on an AMD64
with nvidia PX-6600 system whose only symptom was a message:
"unable to allocate region 3" during boot. It looks as though
it may have been a 64 bit Base Addx Register problem which is
fixed in 2.6.12.
   I have just installed the latest kernel from the edge, the problem
seems fixed. Kudzu sensed the nvidia card during boot for the
first time which, by the way, blew away my xorg.conf and now
graphics are up to par.  Maybe this info will help someone else.

Thanks,

  Polly

--
<=>