[PlanetCCRMA] Help with APIC/IRQ setup...

Brian Jarrett bjarrett@garcoschools.org
Wed Jun 22 11:42:01 2005

Hello all,

I've got a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra939 MB w/AMD64 CPU and 2 SATA HDD.

I've installed 32bit FC3 and loaded "the Planet" audio apps.

I haven't been able to "tune" the system by adjusting IRQs, or causing
the system to do it, and I'm not even sure if I need to.  Here's my
/proc/interrupts:

           CPU0
  0:     267756    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        268    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 12:       1766    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
 15:        864    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
 16:      21284   IO-APIC-level  ICE1712, nvidia
 17:      12942   IO-APIC-level  libata
 18:          3   IO-APIC-level  ohci1394
 20:          2   IO-APIC-level  ehci_hcd
 21:          0   IO-APIC-level  NVidia CK8S, ohci_hcd
 22:      23934   IO-APIC-level  ohci_hcd, eth0
NMI:          0
LOC:     267680
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

I don't see any way to turn off APIC in the BIOS and I've tried
kernel-level options "noapic" and "apic=off" but it seems to have no
effect.

Of course, I'd like my Delta66 (ICE1712) to have as high a priority as
possible.  The things I have tried are a result of reading a lot of
information that doesn't even really apply directly to dealing with
APIC.

Any suggestions?  I'm out of ideas, if there's anything I can even do
about it.

Brian