[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Problems starting JACK

Mike Jewell msjmsj49@hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:34:00 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
>In all likelihood, yes, that's exactly what caused it. The files are
>normally removed when Jack terminates cleanly, and the files are the
>only method Jack has to determine if another copy of Jack is running.
>
>Rebooting is not necessary. Rebooting will not clean up the files.
>- Mark

I'm sure you're right, Mark, rebooting is not going to remove those files.
But there must be something else that is telling JACK (or qjackctl) that
there is another one already running because I deleted them and then even
logged out and back in and qjackctl would STILL not start JACK.   So, as
last resort, I rebooted and then all was back to normal.

So where else could JACK (or qjackctl for that matter) be keeping info about
a past session?

Mike
Mike Jewell