[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl problem

Türkay Güner turkayguner@gmail.com
Wed May 11 07:47:01 2005

Hi,

When i start qjackctl an error appears;

"Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay will be not
available."

And in the messages window, those lines appear;

17:29:59.292 Patchbay deactivated.
17:29:59.533 Statistics reset.
17:29:59.538 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay
will be not available.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:451:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

I'm new to Linux audio, so may be the answer is there in the error
message, but i don't totally understand the way Linux works. Please help
me what the problem is and how can i fix that. This is my second
installation of FC3 with CCRMA, and all the updates done. In my first
installation there was not such an error. Now, there is nothing in my
fresh install of FC3 except CCRMA audio apps on the system.

I run FC3/CCRMA audio with a SBlive5.1 and an M-Audio Radium61(USB). M-
Audio FW Solo is also connected through a IEEE1394 FW/PCI adapter card.
But the FW audio interfaces not supported so do not work under Linux you
know.