[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl problem

Wed May 11 10:02:02 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 07:44, Türkay Güner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i start qjackctl an error appears;
>
> "Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay will be not
> available."
>

> And in the messages window, those lines appear;
>
> 17:29:59.292 Patchbay deactivated.
> 17:29:59.533 Statistics reset.
> 17:29:59.538 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay
> will be not available.
> ALSA lib seq_hw.c:451:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
> such file or directory

The snd-seq kernel module does not autoload (for some unknown reason,
probably related to udev). A workaround is to do this as root:

  /sbin/chkconfig alsasound on

This will enable the alsa startup script which will load snd-seq on the
next and subsequent reboots (or without rebooting do
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start").

-- Fernando