[PlanetCCRMA] cdrtools/xcdroast-FC3+Planet: Audio CD write problems

Gregory McCourt greg.mccourt@englishfirst.com
Mon May 16 10:31:01 2005

What am I missing here? cdrtools and XCDRoast always worked for me before, but since I've migrated to FC3+CCRMA Planet, they refuse to write anything but data CD's. I suspect this is RH/FC's typical malfunction by design --like with video formats (btw, I still can't get them working either, care less)-- to avoid potential legal problems.

I get the error:

"With your version of the cdrtools only pure data CD's are supported..."

I thought the solution would be building this from source, but I cannot get cdrtools to build on my FC3 box.

Is audio CD writing supported as part of CCRMA Planet? If not, it really should be.

I've invested many hours on a gargantuan amount of samples. This used to work, but now doesn't. I'm less concerned about the problem with video formants, but audio CD writing is a must.

I've never seen a post here about this problem, so it may be a blind oversight on my part: is there a config file that needs tweaking? If it's compiled in, shouldn't it be part of Planet? (I guess the same copy-right liability may be a problem.)

Any wisdom shared,
Greg