[PlanetCCRMA] Problems: FC3 w/ MidiMan 'Uno' via usbmidi

Kevin Street kwsml@rogers.com
Mon May 16 11:24:03 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 20:59 -0400, Mark Shuford wrote:
> Fedora Core 3
> 2.6.10-2.1.11.rhfc.ccrma
> usbmidi
> M-Audio/MidiMan 'Uno'
> I've been all through the stuff about hotplug and fxload and such (It
> doesn't look like the docs have been kept up-to-date on this stuff.) and
> it looks like what I am lacking is ezusb1213 (or was it 1312).
>
> I've tried to find a package that's ready to go for this -- no joy. The
> source, which I can download, just completely cr*ps out when I try a
> make. I've done this stuff for long enough of a time that I'm not making
> any obvious errors.

I'm running 2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma on FC3 and had no trouble with
the midisport uno install.  I used the tar file:
midisport_firmware-0.5.tar.gz
from
http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/
and got the firmware file from
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/drivers/MS1x1_1010_web.exe
from which I extracted usb11ldr.sys

I just followed the instructions in the README from the tar file.
coldplug doesn't work, but hotplug is fine.

--
Kevin Street
street@rogers.com