[PlanetCCRMA] cdrtools/xcdroast-FC3+Planet: Audio CD write problems

Gregory McCourt greg.mccourt@englishfirst.com
Mon May 16 11:59:01 2005

Tried k3b---didn't work. k3b sees my Phillips SCSI CD burner as the read device and doesn't see any CDR devices. I have a standard Toshiba CDROM as a read device, the Phillips should be the write device. I could not find where to make these settings.

I don't understand kde---nor gnome---nor do I wish to depend on this sort, but need to burn audio CD's.

Sorry for sharing my frustration. Anyone with a CLI solution? Work unfinished, but I must sleep...

Thanks to all.

Respect,
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gregory McCourt" <greg.mccourt@englishfirst.com>
To: nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 01:12:36 +0700
Subject: Re: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] cdrtools/xcdroast-FC3+Planet: Audio CD write problems

Thanks for the quick response. It's 01:25 here in Indonesia, but I guess it's office hours for most of you in the west.

I've never used any kde programs (use X as little as possible). I'm still much more of a CLI user, unless X is better or needed (graphics/plotting). Please keep the shell/CLI working in Planet; I would hate a dist that only works X.

I'm going to give the k3b program a try now.

Post in progress....
Hmm... apt-get install for both cdrtools++ and cdroast reports that I'm using the newest version, so... ...back to base one and my original post.

I tried to remove the programs to try a fresh install, but rpm reports lots of dependancies. I don't know what I will be breaking at this point.