[PlanetCCRMA] jackd: unknown driver 'alsa'

Mon May 16 12:59:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 11:24, adam smith wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed jack and alsa from the ccrma repository and both are
> working to an extent.  However when I try to  use jack with alsa I get
>
> # jackd -v -d alsa
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
> jackd: unknown driver 'alsa'
>
> Let me know if you need more information.

Os version? Running kernel? Can you play sound with, let's say, "aplay"?
Does the same thing happen with:
  jackd -v -d alsa -d hw

Did you install jack before installing the ccrma versions? If so, make
sure you have erased all traces of it (usually from /usr/local if you
used the default ./configure options).

-- Fernando