[PlanetCCRMA] Delta 66 ALSA problems on FC3

Brent Durbin Brent Durbin <bd.lists@gmail.com>
Wed May 18 10:02:01 2005

On 5/14/05, Bill Dorrian <bcdorr@mchsi.com> wrote:
>        Hey folks. I've seen this problem posted elsewhere on this list but
> have found no solution as of yet. I'm getting no sound on my Delta 66.
> I've tried all the recommended solutions (renaming /etc/asound.state,
> doing a alsactl store and alsactl restore, etc) with no luck.
>
> Has anyone solved this yet?
>
> [root@localhost ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
> Shutting down sound driver                                 [  OK  ]
> [root@localhost ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
> Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
> Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
> Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1272: No
> soundcards found...
>                                                           [FAILED]

I also have a Delta 66 and I've run into this a couple of times.  I
have some stupid soundcard integrated into my motherboard, and in
/etc/modprobe.conf it was set as snd-card-0.  So I commented it out,
and set my snd-ice1712 to snd-card-0.  There were a few lines that I
had to change, but it works now.

Brent