[PlanetCCRMA] ALSA 1.0.9 and ARTS

Sun May 22 17:39:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 01:38, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I think my config is messed up.  I know have upgraded with CCRMA and
> KDE-Redhat repos.  When starting Arts, I get the following:
>
> unix_connect: can't connect to server
> (unix:/tmp/mcop-jeff/kubik_brooks_com-1f7a-42903afe)
> ALSA lib pcm_softvol.c:689:(parse_control_id) field card is not an
> integer
> Error while initializing the sound driver:
> device: default can't be opened for playback (Invalid argument)

I would try removing the previous alsa mixer configuration and redoing
it. To remove it:
  rm /etc/asound.state
Then start alsamixer or your favorite gui mixer (gamix, for example) and
set levels, unmute outputs and so on and so forth.

Then store the configuration:
  /usr/sbin/alsactl store

You can restart the alsa driver to see if things are working:
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start

-- Fernando