[PlanetCCRMA] OFF TOPIC: Splitting Line Level Signals

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Mon May 23 16:58:02 2005

Hi Rick,

--- Rick Sutphin <sutphinc@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> R Parker wrote:
>
> >--- Rick Sutphin <sutphinc@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>This is not a Planet CCRMA question per se. I have
> >>had no luck so far
> >>setting up hardware monitoring for my Delta
> 1010LT.
> >>

> >Part of the ojective to a mixer is not having to
> use
> >the hardware monitoring on the audio card. What
> does
> >the mixer have for i/o?
> >

> The mixer has the following:
> Input:
> 16 channels (8 with microphone pre-amps)
> S/PDIF In
> MIDI In
> 2 Track In
>
> Output:
> control room out
> main outs
> 4 multi outputs
> S/PDIF Out
> MIDI Out
> each channel has a send return
> each channel has an aux send
>

> Currently, I am using an eight channel mic pre-amp
> to connect mics to
> the analog ins of the Delta 1010LT.

Consider redesigning to patch the Pre outputs into the
mixer and route the corresponding mixer channel sends
to the 1010LT. Then return from the 1010LT via S/PDIF
with a mix from Ardour or whatever.

With this configuration you won't use Hardware
mointoring at the 1010LT or Software Monitoring from
Ardour. The headphone mixes are built at the mixer by
using the Aux bus on the mic/line channels and S/PDIF
return.

 The analog outs
> are going to the
> DDX-3216 mixing board.
>
> I was hoping to use the digital mixer on the 1010LT
> to do monitoring. My
> plan was to send the monitor mix to the S/PDIF Ins
> on the mixing board.
> Unfortunately, I have not been able to get this to
> work.

Are you able to see the S/PDIF ports in Qjackctl?

ron