[PlanetCCRMA] snd_seq loaded but no midi

Kenneth cocteau@phreaker.net
Thu May 26 03:22:01 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 21:02, Kenneth wrote:
>

>>Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 19:41, Kenneth wrote

>>>I should pay more attention..... argh....
>>>The listing of devices above is not listing any raw midi interfaces. It
>>>has to show something like this:
>>>
>>>40: [1- 0]: raw midi
>>>
>>>So... the second card (the edirol?) is not being completely recognized
>>>by the system, audio is there but midi is not. Isn't the Edirol 25 the
>>>card that has a couple of different "modes"? I think not all of them are
>>>fully supported. You should try to use it in the other mode than it is
>>>now (I think it is either "Advanced" or "Normal", try "Normal")
>>>

>>But the Edirol UA series has got the "advanced" and "normal" modes.
>>However FC3 (the only linux I've been able to try it on) will only
>>recognize it correctly when it is set to 'normal', meaning only 16bit
>>44.1 kHz resolution and no midi (through the old five pin connecters).
>>In advanced mode it is being recognized as a Roland sound device of some
>>sort but I wasn't ever able to make it say anything at all, so
>>connecting through the edirol is not an option.
>>
>>Strange thing is though, that raw midi is being loaded as module
>>(snd_rawmidi), it just doesn't show in the device listing. I don't thing
>>this has anything to do with the edirol, as the keyboard is plugged
>>directly into the computer via usb.
>>

>I'm missing something, which keyboard? The Edirol is not the usb
>soundcard you have loaded?
>
>-- Fernando

No. The Edirol is just an external second soundcard. The keyboard is a
Radium49 keyboard connected via usb. It has no sound module built in,
and should only function as a midi controller. Sorry if I haven't been
clear on this.

kenneth