[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get repositories and CCRMA

Hector Centeno h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Thu May 26 19:36:01 2005

Hello,

Sorry, I firstly sent this email to the wrong address (sorry Fernando).
I recently switched from Ubuntu to Fedora Core 3 + Planet CCRMA. Up to
now I'm finding it excellent, somehow the performance of my computer
seems to be much better than with Ubuntu and I'm glad to have an easy
way to configure an audio and music workstation. But now I'm missing the
way packages and dependencies were managed in Debian distributions, for
example: I wanted to build the LinuxSampler and it asked for a package
named sqlite3. I remember finding it very easily in Ubuntu but I
struggled a lot to find it for Fedora. Once I found it I tried to
install using Yum and it printed a very long list of dependencies that
needed to be upgraded (including jack and other audio softwares
installed from CCRMA) and it stopped with dependencies error and without
installing anything. So, my question is how should I install packages
not available through the CCRMA repositories without this kind of
problems? How should I install other packages without affecting the
CCRMA installation?

Thank you in advance!

Hector