[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get repositories and CCRMA

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri May 27 11:22:01 2005

On 27 May 2005 11:11:20 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 19:35, Hector Centeno wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry, I firstly sent this email to the wrong address (sorry Fernando).
> > I recently switched from Ubuntu to Fedora Core 3 + Planet CCRMA. Up to
> > now I'm finding it excellent, somehow the performance of my computer
> > seems to be much better than with Ubuntu and I'm glad to have an easy
> > way to configure an audio and music workstation. But now I'm missing the
> > way packages and dependencies were managed in Debian distributions, for
> > example: I wanted to build the LinuxSampler and it asked for a package
> > named sqlite3.
>
> [Note: LinuxSampler packages are being worked on and will be released
> shortly, I think]

Hey, let me say thanks from the development team for that Fernando!

> sqlite3? Weird, where does that dependency come from? On Fedora Core 3
> my current deps for the linuxsampler package are (besides basic packages
> in the mach core):
>
> BuildRequires: gcc-c++, pkgconfig, libgig-devel, alsa-lib-devel
> BuildRequires: jack-audio-connection-kit-devel

I haven't been following the LS-devel list much lately but there have
been a number of conversations about building a database of
instruments into LS. (for quick loading of 'pianos', etc.) My thought
is that this is some sort of database manager for that feature?

If so I suspect the original poster has taken LS from CVS instead of
getting the tarball from the LS web site.

If I'm mistaken then please excuse my intrusion.

With best regards,
Mark