[PlanetCCRMA] 1010LT SDPIF envy24control Weirdness

Rick Sutphin sutphinc@bellsouth.net
Sat May 28 21:21:02 2005

Hello,

I am using Planet CCRMA on Fedora Core 3 with a M-Audio Delta 1010LT
sound card connected to a Behringer DDX-3216 digital mixing board.

I have been trying to get spdif output from the 1010LT to the DDX-3216
working. Recently, I have had some sucess in a two steps forward one
step back sort of way.

The two steps forwad are, following a suggestion from Behringer's tech
support, spdif ou works when the word clock out on the 1010LT is
connected to the word clock in on the DDX-3216 and set the DDX-3216 to
sync to work clock in.

The one step back is that when envy24control is started, word clock
output stops. The only way I have found to restart word clock output is
to restart the computer.

I have googled and searched the alsa-user mailing list, but haven't
found any clues yet. Any ideas are suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick