[PlanetCCRMA] Recommend Multi-io(4-8ch) Audio Device

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Mon May 30 06:10:01 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 00:56:44 -0700 (PDT), zong king <rlawns2003@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I going to buy a multi-io(4-8ch) audio device for Alsa on Linux FC3.
>
> Would you please recommend one?
>
> It could be PCI or Firewire type, and must have no problem with alsa
> driver.
>

> What I found is LAYLA 3G(by Echo). Please tell me about this if you are
> using it.

i don't know about the layla, but i'm using the RME Multiface. it sounds
great and is rock solid.
you get 8 analog channels, plus ADAT and SPDIF, all of which can be used
simultaneously, for a total of 18 channels in AND out. also, it can be
clocked externally, and has a headphone output. there's also a very nice
mixer/router which is a clone of the original RME TotalMix software for
windows.
the external box (1/2 rack size) connects to either a PCI or PCMCIA
interface -- i've got both interfaces, so i can flip the box easily
between my desktop and laptop.

best-
-p