[PlanetCCRMA] Re: SC stopped working (Mark Knecht)

jonathan segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Tue May 31 12:35:02 2005

hey, i use supercollider in fc3 ccrma, it was actually my impetus to
use linux audio to begin with. i would be happy to do a workshop or
something, but it will have to happen in the summer! i'm on tour right
now til late june, around off and on in july. i may try to write
something but i have a hard time actually being coherent when i'm on
tour (lack of sleep mostly...)
if there are specific questions i can try to answer (though internet is
spotty across the US), meanwhile look at
http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/478
a lot of info there, but there are always little things that aren't
included (like when using scum libraries they have to be loaded first,
listed first in .sclang.cfg)

-jonathan

> Anyone want to set up some sort of training course on SC for Planet
> users? I've never made this (probably most amazing) synth do anything
> useful. It seems way too hard to use. I don't know emacs. I tried some
> GUI from UC Santa Barabara but it didn't seem to find things.
         Jonathan Segel  --  4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com