[PlanetCCRMA] latest nvidia drivers and ccrma kernel in FC4

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno@sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 5 07:50:02 2005

Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install the nvidia drivers version 1.0-7676* *for FC4
> using the CCRMA kernel. I've downloaded the ccrma kernel source and
> done a rpmbuild -bp in order to get the full kernel tree. When the
> nvidia installer tries to build using the ccrma source I get this error:
>
> -> Using the kernel source path
>   '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.13/linux-2.6.13' as specified by the
>   '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.
> -> Kernel source path: '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.13/linux-2.6.13'
> -> Performing CC test with CC="cc".
> ERROR: If you are using a Linux 2.4 kernel, please make sure
>       you either have configured kernel sources matching your
>       kernel or the correct set of kernel headers installed
>       on your system.
> If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
>       you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
>       installed on your system.
>
> I got this source rpm:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.13-0.3.rdt.src.rpm
>

> What am I missing?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Hector.

Did you have any problem with the nvidia installer using the kernel
source? I can't get around this problem:

-> Using the kernel source path
  '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.13/linux-2.6.13' as specified by the
  '--kernel-source-path' commandline option.
-> Kernel source path: '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.13/linux-2.6.13'
-> Performing CC test with CC="cc".
ERROR: If you are using a Linux 2.4 kernel, please make sure
      you either have configured kernel sources matching your
      kernel or the correct set of kernel headers installed
      on your system.
If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
      you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
      installed on your system.

My system seems to be up-to-date.

Thanks for your reply,

Hector