[PlanetCCRMA] latest nvidia drivers and ccrma kernel in FC4

pirrone pirrone@localnet.com
Sat Nov 5 10:29:01 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 11/5/05, Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
>>      you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
>>      installed on your system.
>>

>>My system seems to be up-to-date.
>>
>>Thanks for your reply,
>>

>>Hector
>>

>Nothing but a guess on my part but did you change the /usr/sr/linux
>link to point at the new kernel source tree?
>
>- Mark

Hector,

What Mark said, though I don't know how that source file gets installed
since I haven't compiled a kernel myself in some time, but rather use
the kernel-devel RPM to install the sources needed for this and other
compiles.

You will then find them (on my SMP system) under
/lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp/source which is s symlink to
/lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp/build which in turn is a
symlink to the symlink /lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp
pointing to /usr/src/kernels/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma-smp-i686 where
the actual sources are located.

So, check those paths, created them if needed, or install the CCRMA
kernel-devel RPM which will do all that I list above for you.