[PlanetCCRMA] latest nvidia drivers and ccrma kernel in FC4

Sun Nov 6 16:29:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 16:54 -0500, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> pirrone wrote:
>
> > Mark Knecht wrote:

> >> Nothing but a guess on my part but did you change the /usr/sr/linux
> >> link to point at the new kernel source tree?
> >
> > What Mark said, though I don't know how that source file gets
> > installed since I haven't compiled a kernel myself in some time, but
> > rather use the kernel-devel RPM to install the sources needed for this
> > and other compiles.
> > You will then find them (on my SMP system) under
> > /lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp/source which is s symlink
> > to /lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp/build which in turn is a
> > symlink to the symlink /lib/modules/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp
> > pointing to /usr/src/kernels/2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma-smp-i686 where
> > the actual sources are located.
> >
> > So, check those paths, created them if needed, or install the CCRMA
> > kernel-devel RPM which will do all that I list above for you.
> >
> Thanks for your reply. I installed the kernel-smp-devel from the CCRMA
> repositories using synaptic and I got this source installed:
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.13-1.1532_FC4-smp-i686
>
> It doesn't seem to be the CCRMA source and I'm quite sure the only
> repositories I have activated are the CCRMA ones. I tried pointing the
> nvidia installer to this source and it complained of not being able to
> load the module nvidia because of a kernel version mismatch.

I think the files available from the kernel binary package should be
enough, the headers would be in:
  /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/

The existing Planet CCRMA kernels don't have a matching -devel package,
at the time I built them there were no -devel packages. The latest
package I'm working on do have them.

If you really need the full source tree then you need to unpack and
properly configure the .src.rpm that corresponds to the kernel you are
running. Source packages are available from:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

Get the one that corresponds to the kernel you have and follow the
instructions about kernel source in the fc3 release notes:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html

-- Fernando