[PlanetCCRMA] [ardour-users] Dual Monitors - SOLVED

7lb9oz Productions viipoundproductions@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 10:19:01 2005

--0-1757425611-1131559575=:20468

Hello all, I dont know who exactly was following this
thread, but I know that there were at least a few
people asking for my solution so here it is.

Basically what I did was to allow the "Applications ->
System Settings -> Display" tool to create a new
xorg.conf file based on a dual monitor settup using
the "radeon" driver.  Then, I just had to add a few
options to the first "Section "Device"" within the
file to make it acctually work.  The section is as
follows:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9200"
        Option "DDCMode" "on" # I did this
        Option "MergedFB" "on" # and this
        BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option "CRT2Position" "LeftOf" # and this
        Screen 0
EndSection

Everything else I left as it was, then after a reboot
all was working fine.

I have also tried it with the fglrx drivers from ATI,
but as of right now, (unless someone here can tell me
a good reason to use them), I am going to say that
they are not worth the hassle.  I did manage to get
them installed, I even ran the fglrxconfig program,
set it all up and it appeared to be ok, but it was
still using the mesa instead of the ATI drivers.  I
know that this can be done, but it is such a huge deal
to get the ATI fglrx installed that I am not going to
mess with it right now - although I wouldnt mind
having them working, I just dont have enough hair to
keep pulling it out.

My complete, working xorg.conf file is attached for
anyone who may want/need to look at it.

Thanks again to all who helped, now on to the next
struggle - whatever it may be

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.comThis email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

--0-1757425611-1131559575=:20468
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--0-1757425611-1131559575=:20468