[PlanetCCRMA] FC1 -> FC3 APT Segfault

Ken Smith kens@kensnet.org
Fri Nov 11 04:42:02 2005

Hi, I wonder if someone can give me some clues. I did an upgrade of a
CCRMA FC1 system to FC3 yesterday. Part way through, the install borked
because it couldn't read CD 2. The CD is OK - it turned out to be the CD
drive in the machine. It rebooted into the 2.6.9 kernel and I repeated
the upgrade from .iso's on the hard disk and it seemed to go OK.

BUT.... apt-get dist-upgrade dowloads the updates and then segfaults.
I'm a bit stuck now. I have re-upgraded apt to the FC3 one. I guess
something is hosed because of the aborted upgrade.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

Ken