[PlanetCCRMA] Installation question (FC3)

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:12:00 2005

I have been following the FC3 installation steps, and have a question.

After the step that adds the two CCRMA CDs to apt, the instructions say:
"If you now look at the /etc/apt/sources.list file you will see that
apt-cdrom has added several lines before the ones that were there
before. They start with ``rpm cdrom:'' instead of ``rpm http:'' and
point to the cdroms you just inserted. From now on apt-get knows about
your cdroms (in addition to the Planet CCRMA apt repository)"

well, sort-of true. The two "rpm cdrom:" lines are certainly there,
but they are the ONLY lines in that file. Is that right? I installed
apt for FC3 using the command:
rpm -Uvh http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-3.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
exactly as described, and the system didn't complain. So I sort-of
assume that everything is OK, although it worries me that there are no
"rpm http:" lines in the apt sources file.

  Doc Evans