[PlanetCCRMA] ams - no sound?

Fri Nov 11 19:56:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 22:05 -0500, Mike Lococo wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, I'm near the
> beginning of my learning curve here.  I'm just starting to experiment
> with Alsa Modular Synth, and having trouble getting sound output.
>
> If I attempt to start it with just "ams", then I get and error that
> "Alsa_driver: can't set playback sample rate to 44100. Can't connect to
> ALSA".  However I can play 44100 wav files with aplay.  So I'm confused
> as to why ams is having trouble accessing my sound card.
>
> But I'll try another way... if I start the jack daemon, I can run ams
> with "ams --jack", but I get no sound output.

Make sure that the outputs of ams are connected in the jack patch panel.
Some Jack apps autoconnect the outputs, some don't, I don't remember
which type is ams. You should probably start Jack with Qjackctl and
there you will have a connections tool you can use to connect ams to the
soundcard outputs.

-- Fernando