[PlanetCCRMA] Audiuphile 192 and others

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell@gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:13:01 2005

On 11/16/05, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/05, mArukqs <marukas@hardcore.lt> wrote:
> > I have M-Audio Audiophile 2496, but it does not work at 96kHz. In 95% of
> > attempts to start jackd at 96kHz I hear stuttering sound as if the buffer
> > is too small. Various jack settings were tried. Athlon 3000+, 1GB RAM,
> > GeForce2, Fedora Core 4. Tried to tweak PCI latency - the same sh*t :/
> >
> > I was buying the card because of requirements in www.ardour.org, but I
> > can't get the expected result. So, probably buy RME ://
>
> Hm What MB chipset?
>
> I've got a P4 with SIS where I had to do some hardcore pci tweaks to
> get my multiface working right there without clicks. The default pci
> bridge behavior was ignoring the latency settings.

An aside here, ... the multiface didn't work right under windows on
that hardware either (although it was less bad, only one click per 15
minutes rather than clicking constantly as under untuned linux).  With
windows I was totally unable to fix it, I'm glad that with Linux I had
the resources available to get it solved.