[PlanetCCRMA] Audiophile 192 and others

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:59:01 2005

On 11/17/05, Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> <EDITORIAL RANT> On GPL, I've decided I'm not happy that the current
> > licenses do not protect the work of tester like myself in a manner
> > that is consistent with the developer's protection. Clearly there has
>
> Hey, Mark.
>
> I think your work is protected since the developers cannot prevent
> anyone with the skill and the interest to take the last GPLd LS
> sources and carry on with the project in a GPL fashion (this is called
> a fork).
>
> Hope this cheers you up :)
>
> Luis

<SMILE>

Luis,
   Yes, this I knew. Unfortunately I am not a programmer, but on the
positive side I hadn't done much work since the time the license
change was added so most of my work is embodied in the GPL'ed version.

   Even with that positive spin on things I'm still very disappointed
that the future for that program is not so bright. Ending up with two
versions, on GPL'ed and one not isn't a great outcome, and getting to
that point depend on finding another set of talented developers that
want to work on this technology. This is not so easy as I'm sure you
are aware.

   Anyway, that's life as they say, and I do have GigaStudio to fall
back on... ;-)

Cheers,
Mark