[PlanetCCRMA] Advice on soundcard, anyone?

Frode Petersen fropeter@online.no
Sat Nov 19 10:38:01 2005

Tim Berghoff wrote:
 > Hey Frode,
 >
 > I also can only recommend M-Audio's Delta 1010LT.
 > As long as you don't want to record a Portnoy-like Drumkit, the number
 > of ins and outs should suffice for every purpose.
 >
 > It's definitely worth its price.
 >
 > Have phun....
 >
 > Tim

Thank you for your advice, guys, the card is currently the most likely
candidate. Just got to check out the alternatives some more. Have to
live with my decision for a long time.. :-).

The remaining quandries concern whether the unbalanced IO create any
real world problems, and whether one of the alternatives sound slightly
better. But I guess that most people have just heard their own card, as
I will eventually. Maybe you have a thought on this?

I know I sound picky, really, I know.. :-) (Don't know, though, whether
it's a trait or a curse...)

Thanks
Frode