[PlanetCCRMA] MAudio - the same wav in Windows and Linux sound different

Tue Nov 22 22:15:03 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 07:49 +0200, mArukqs wrote:
> More research: I found that on samplerates 88200 and 96000 M-Audio plays
> correctly (tested via xmms, 44100Hz wav was used). but on samplerates
> 44100 to hear the similar higher frequencies I need to turn on this
> deemphasis stuff, cause else recording sounds too bright.
>
> Does deemphasis mean some sort of hardware dithering?

Highly unlikely, dithering should be very a subtle effect, not the kind
of thing you are describing.

On which particular Midiman model is this happening?

I don't mean to discourage you from posting here but you may want to ask
this on the alsa developers mailing list - they should know exactly what
the controls do to the hardware (if you manage to reach whoever wrote
the driver).

-- Fernando