[PlanetCCRMA] Midi Express PC

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Wed Nov 23 15:31:03 2005

Buddy Bell wrote:

> I bought a MOTU Midi Express PC on ebay and have been having trouble
> getting it to work.  I used the snd-mtpav module with port=340 and irq=7
> and it seemed to recognize it - but it reports (in aconnect) that there
> are 8 ports instead of the six it has.

Hi,

I've got a very old MTPAV (the kind that interfaces with the old serial and par(printer) ports).  I can keep it working with the snd-mtpav kernel module on the FC3+planet system as long as I don't try to use the edge kernels.  My understanding(which is limited) is the snd-mtpav module is for that old motu(at least that's what I gathered from browsing the source for the module a while back).  The port/interrupt you mention is traditionaly the 1st par port in a system, also what I have the cable to the unit connected to.

One thing that may be usefull is to check the /var/log/messages file after boot and then again after restarting the alsa system by executing "/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound restart".  This gave me a lot of info when I was trying to get the driver to work with the newer prempt kernels.  Other then this I probably can't help much, as I gave up after waking one afternoon all strung out from trying to debug the problem I had the night before till about 6 am.

Tracey.