[PlanetCCRMA] No basic sound.

Robert Jonkman yeahtuna@lansoundstream.com
Tue Oct 11 12:50:02 2005

> Most likely you're looking in the wrong place for this one. It doesn't
> sound like a modules problem to me, but far mor an application
> capabilities issue.
>
> What do you mean 'don't work'? Does the GUI not come up? Does the GUI
> come up but menus don't work? Does everythign work visually but your
> don't get sound? If you don't get sound then from what media are you
> trying to get sound? CDs? mp3s? Something else?
>
> We'll need some more info.

All the program start up and I see their gui's, however they are not
capable of actually playing.  For example, if lanch xmms by double
clicking on an .ogg file, it just opens up the 'load media' dialog box.
Choosing another mp3 or .ogg from this dialog results in nothing.
Switching to the jack plug-in for xmms fails to show up in Jack.
Nothing can actually play any sound other than application that
specifically designed to connect to jack....and yes, I have been
terminating my jack sessions before trying to get the programs to run.
I'll keep playing around with it.  I remember that xmms-jack used to
work.  I'm not exactly sure what's different; I have been fiddling
around with everything :(

Thanks for your help though.