[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl/jackd acting differently?

bernie arai bernie@vcn.bc.ca
Mon Sep 19 18:05:02 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 16:48, Mark Knecht wrote:

> If you can see the RT at all then Real Time is enabled. I've discussed
> this with Rui before. Like you I think the way RT shows up dark it
> looks like it's disabled. He disagrees. Anyway, if you try running AJC
> with Realtime turned off then I think you'll spot the difference
> there.

thanks for clearing that up. i agree with you about it looking like it's
diabled, but whatever, at least now i know, and won't worry about it
anymore.  now that i know that lack of realtime is not the issue,
hopefully i can find the real culprit.

> Never use jackstart with 2.6 kernels. I always use jackd with the
> realtime option just below it turned on. I don't think I got
> jackd-realtime to work for me. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do
> actually.

i can't understand or start jackd-realtime either, but i've always used
jackd with the realtime option like you.  so something funny must be
going on to cause the "cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4" message.
hopefully i can find out it's the same thing giving me so many xruns...