[PlanetCCRMA] SMART

Benjamin Hardy dcb@netflash.net
Thu Sep 22 18:35:02 2005

Hey, I just started using it now. I was using yumex for a bit and decided to
try this. I have been naughty and have been mixing planet ccrma repo with
livna, extras, and kde-redhat to get the latest kde rpms. I've been running
into trouble though usually if I accidently update to a divx4linux package
from planet ccrma and all my other non rpm forge stuff doesn't like it , so I
can't watch movies. A pain, I almost feel like switching to Debian. I think
I'll switch everything to rpmforge and get a few packages from kde-redhat
(amarok, digikam, etc) but I think alot of those depend on stuff in extras
and livna repos. I'm very cross about this now.
Anyways, David - do you find any notable advantages in using yum or apt with
smart? I mean, would a yum repo be more favourable than an apt, or vice
versa? I'm definately noticing a speed difference with using apt repos.
I also like how smart can use the kde theme when launched in kde (is that
because of gtkpy?)