[PlanetCCRMA] quiet pc hardware - via epia m10000?

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo@dellorfano.net
Sat Sep 24 18:33:23 2005

I built a nearly silent PC based on an AMD processor with an MSI m/b. I
used an Antec Sonata case and customized it with a power supply from
Nexus, fans from Nexus and a sound insulation kit designed for the
Sonata case (available through http://www.endpcnoise.com/). The only
thing that I haven't addressed at this point are the video card fans.
This computer sits in my studio and is quiet enough to allow recording
in the same room. Other links for building quiet PCs are
http://www.quietpcusa.com/ amd http://www.buildsilentpc.com/index.php.

I have seen external cpu enclosures, but I don't know if there are
cooling issues with this.

-Joe D