[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [PlanetCCRMANews] updated: zynaddsubfx, xmxl, pd-dyn, ardour

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Tue Sep 27 20:31:01 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>Hi all, no news in a long time :-)
>
>A few updates: from last week:
>* zynaddsubfx: just a new release that matches a newly released xmxl
>  library (2.2.2-1). Without this new version of the library zynaddsubfx
>  would not save or load presets correctly.
>* pd-dyn (for FC4), the cvs version that was packaged was not working at
>  all so I downgraded to the latest official release (0.1.1-1). As I did
>  not add an "epoch"[*] to the package (most probably nobody was using
>  it) you will have to downgrade manually (first erase pd-dyn and then
>  install it again).
>
>Today:
>* ardour updated to version 0.99-1!
>
>Enjoy!
>-- Fernando
>
>[*] an epoch is a mechanism you can use to tell rpm that, for example, a
>newer package versioned "0.1" is "newer" than an older one versioned
>"0.2". Epochs are for dire emergencies only, they stick forever...

greetings!

sorry ift this is fuzzy info....... i'm on fc3 and just did these
upgrades (plus xorg and some other stuff which was pending), so my
system is now all up to date. my multiface was operating fine before the
upgrades, but now i cannot get any signal through to the output section
of hdspmixer -- either by putting up faders in the input section or in
the playback section.

i'm not sure where to go to debug this. hdspmixer itself was not amongst
the upgrades.

thanks!

-p