[PlanetCCRMA] Gnome vs. KDE - Operability within the confines of Planet CCRMA

Matt Marian matt1@mtmm.ath.cx
Thu Apr 6 12:20:03 2006

Hi Roy,

no flame bait here either :-)
Strictly speaking from the practical side of being a user and not a
developer. I have and do use both and even xfce4 . . I have not seen any
problems using any one of them , as far as performance is concerned.
Maybe I should say no perceptible issues.
I have not googled this , but one would imagine studies out there
documenting latency , memory allocation, cpu cycles, screen refresh etc
of each desktop/window manager over the other.  I have encounted no
issues using either. but that's just me and I could be wrong.
Cheers,
Matt

have fun & make music.