[PlanetCCRMA] soundcardquestion

y ya_@gmx.net
Thu Apr 13 18:24:02 2006

hello!
i am  selfmade electronic instrumenst maker&player and acoustic bass
player from germany...www.federbass.de
the question  is:
currently i am working with two instances of qjackctl/jackd one as user
one with sudo.
i am doing this because it seems to be the only way to acces the two
soundcards at the same time...
is there somebody who had success with configuration throuigh .asoundrc
to access two soundcards in the qjackctl control window who can tell me
something about how to get that to work?
this thing with one qjackctl as user another one as root only works on
fedora4/planetccrma. not on debian/demudi kernel not on rh9/planet
ccrma. acutally it is quite nice because if one jackd crashes the other
with the apllications startet with that id are stille there...
it seems to be not possible to start a second instance of qjackctl as
other user with user rights.
maybe weird questions but it keeps my busy all time...
greetings
yann