[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia drivers

Tue Apr 18 13:50:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 11:48 -0700, menno wrote:
> Hello
> i've come to the point where the nvidiadrivers can be installed.( kernel =
> 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp.)
> When searching in this forum i found the same question. I understand i need
> the source of this kernel
>
> >Hi Joe. The URL to be added to /etc/apt/sources.list  is.
> >http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/
>
> so i entered this URL in /etc/apt/sources.list and ran Synaptic. There was
> an error:
>
> Type 'http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/' is not
> known in on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> How should i proceed? My goal is to get twinview running.

First thing to try is to install the kernel-devel package that matches
the kernel you have installed, that would be:

  apt-get install kernel-smp-devel#2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma

That should be enough for the Nvidia installer. But I'm not sure how
well those drivers work with the realtime preemption enabled kernels.

-- Fernando