[PlanetCCRMA] Jack and KDE

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Wed Apr 26 12:54:01 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 21:13, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 20:01 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

> > > Jack normally takes complete ownership of the sound card, all other
> > > programs that use it have to be "off".
> >
> > Hi Fernando. I've just tried to recreate this problem on 2 different
> > machines running FC3. The Arts sound server is running, I ran a live
> > audio stream from bbc.co.uk, using embedded realplayer in Firefox, and
> > played a cd through KsCD at the same time, and jackd started through
> > qjackctl with no error messages. That was with both the vanilla
> > kernel-2.6.9-1.667 (with realtime unchecked, otherwise you get an
> > unrelated error message) , and with
> > kernel-2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma.
>
> Which soundcard?

Testing out with FC3, both the Audigy2 soundblaster (emu10k1), and the
Ensoniq(ens1371) give no problems. On the machine with the Ensoniq card,
running FC3, I can run a live audio stream, start jackd, and it gives no
errors, and with the Arts server running. But FC2 can play multiple streams
on the machine with the Audigy2 soundblaster card, but not on the machine
with Ensoniq. That is testing with both kernel-2.6.10.04.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma, and
th original vanilla kernel-2.6.5-1.358.

Both machines are fully updated, including fedora-legacy updates.

Nigel.