[PlanetCCRMA] best hard drive partition scheme

Rich E reakinator@gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 22:47:01 2006

Hello list,

I've been searching around the net looking for current file sytem
suggestions, but most everything seems to be from a few years ago
(they talk about 2 gig harddrives...).  I was wondering what everyone
running intensive audio software is using for their main file system.
Also, it is a little unclear to me when to use primary or extended
partitions.

In a couple articles reiserfs was mentioned to be superior to ext3,
but I have to partition the hard drive manually to use it with fedora.
 I have an unformatted hard drive in this computer, should i set it up
with reiserfs before I begin installation?

Concerning swap partitions, is it unneccesary with 1gig ram?

Also, I assume the boot partition should be the first on the disk,
which probably has to be ext3.

Any suggestions, corrections or links are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Richie