[PlanetCCRMA] and where is fedora core 6??

blindman jones erleichda@gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 07:32:01 2006

On 12/5/06, Jason Russler <jason.russler@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're not using all that AIGLX stuff are you? that will destroy any chance
> of running in a low-latency mode.

not using it... I use dual screens, and have for a while... the
desktop effects won't work if you use xinerama... I read that I think.

I will have to see if I have anything loading up I am not using that
might be effecting the latency.

> How big is your JACK buffer?  If you're
> just recording, is there any reason you couldn't just bump that up to
> something unreasonable like 1024 or even 2048 (not that I'd consiter that a
> "fix").

I went as high as 1024 and that brought it down a bit... but not
enough... I didn't go higher because I always ran the stock FC5 at 256
with no xruns. I figured if I had to go much higher it wasn't really a
true solution... as you said.

> For my part, latencies and X-runs have gone down since the switch
> from 5 to 6 using the stock kernel and limits.conf.

interesting. what sound card are you using? I have the 1010LT.

If you are having success, I will have to dig deeper to see if
something I have configured is effecting latency.

thanx!!!

later,
mjr